Yeah, listening to internet radio is real hard. :)
No, seriously if you are having trouble getting KXCD to play, try a couple of these tips before sending hate mail to us. That'd be great.
The first thing to note is that the embedded player on the main page works great in Internet Explorer 7+. It appears to be fine in Google Chrome as well. But in Firefox the player is kind of flakey. If you are having trouble with the embedded player, read on for other fixes & options...
1) Are you using Windows Media Player 9+? While KXCD's stream is compatible with other players, like Winamp, it tends to be a lot easier to get it to play in WMP.
2) If the clickable link doesn't work, open Windows Media Player, click on File and then Open URL. Copy and paste the following address into WMP and see if that helps: http://streamer.sandiego.edu:81/kxcdatusd
3) Are you on a broadband internet connection? KXCD streams at 80kbps. This about 1/2 the speed of the slowest DSL available. If you are on an EVDO or 3G wireless card, you may have some issues as these are designed primarily for web surfing and email. But it should work.
4) Firewall issues? We haven't run into a problem with firewalls blocking the stream, but if your ISP or workplace or school has super-tight network security, it may be a problem. Not much we can do to help you here, though. Sorry!
5) Web site not loading? Yeah, sometimes servers will block kxcd.com because it's on a shared-hosting account. Usually Firefox works better over Internet Explorer. Feel free to save the actual audio stream address (above) into your WMP favorites so you can always listen to KXCD even if the web site is being a bugger.
Still no luck or have an unrelated question? Email us. We'll try to help. You can also call us anytime at 858-480-9537.